Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip, Recipe #1

For my first new recipe of 2011, I decided to make the spinach artichoke dip. I love this stuff, and I have no idea why I never tried making it before. It was very, very tasty and oh so cheesy.



I found a recipe online and tweaked it to fit my cheese-loving needs.

1 package of cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
4 ounces of goat cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated romano cheese
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (14 ounces)
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese



- Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly grease a small baking dish
-In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, goat cheese, parmesan cheese, romano cheese, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.


- Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.


- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and lightly browned (about 30 minutes).
- Serve with bread, celery, and/or tortilla chips. Whatever you like.

Netflix Rating*:
Me: 4.5
PM: 4.0

*Netflix Rating system seems to be a good way to rate these recipes:
1 = Hated It
2 = Didn't Like It
3 = Liked It
4 = Really Liked It
5 = Loved It

No comments:

Post a Comment